In 2022, Native instruments released the updated version of Native Access 2.
But more and more people are having issues with it, specifically during the installation process:
- Native Access is taking unusually long to install
- It freezes on “Installing Dependencies” during installation
- Individual product downloads aren’t working
There is an easy workaround to those issues. But first, you should look into why Native Access isn’t working in the first place.
Why Isn’t Native Access Installing?
These are known issues that seem to randomly affect both Mac and Windows users equally. Native Instruments is aware of them and actively working to fix them.
But a common cause for these problems could be your computer’s security settings.
It’s possible that your firewall, antivirus, or VPN software is blocking Native Access from working properly. Close all other programs and temporarily disable any security software. Then retry installing Native Access again.
The Easy Solution: Install the Legacy Version of Native Access
Native Access 2 still some bugs to work out.
Until then, you can install the legacy version of Native Access 1. This is the original version for older operating systems without most of the bloat. But keep in mind:
- Newer releases might not be available through NA1.
- You may have to delete/uninstall NA2 before installing the legacy version.
Other Possible Solutions
Installing the legacy version is only a temporary fix. You’ll eventually have to update to NA2 if you want to download the latest products or keep everything up-to-date.
Native Instruments has several articles that may be helpful to you:
- Native Access Does Not Start / Install (Windows)
- Native Access Error Message: “Installation Failed” (Mac)
- Native Access Freezes on “Installing Dependencies“ at Startup
- Native Access Error Message: Download Failed: “Unknown error”
- My Native Access Downloads Are Taking Too Long
If you haven’t done so, try the solutions mentioned in those articles or reach out to Native Instruments customer support.
Learn More About Native Instruments Products
You might want to get more out of your Native Instruments products. We’re big fans, so we’ve put together a few resources centered around their stuff: