Z3TA+ 2 is a classic virtual synth that was discontinued in 2017. Even if you’ve managed to redownload the software, it’ll be stuck in demo mode until you activate it.
Thankfully, there’s a simple way to activate Z3TA+ 2 using the current BandLab Assistant on desktop. This method will also work with the Steam version of Z3TA+ 2.
What You Need to Activate Z3TA+ 2
First, you’ll need to open Z3TA+ 2 in either your DAW or on your desktop.
You’ll also need the BandLab Assistant desktop app. If you haven’t done it yet, create a BandLab account and download the BandLab Assistant.
Activate Z3TA+ 2 Using the Offline Activation Method
Once you have Z3TA+ 2 and BandLab Assistant ready, follow these steps:
- In Z3TA+ 2, go to Options > Offline Activation > Export Activation Request.
- Save the activation request file to an easy-to-remember folder location. Z3TA+ 2 will save the request as a .crq file*.
- Open BandLab Assistant and sign in to your BandLab account. Then click on the Apps tab.
- Under Cakewalk by BandLab, click the drop-down arrow next to the Open/Install button, then click Process Offline Activation Request and select the request file.
- BandLab Assistant will generate a response.dat file. Save the file in an easy-to-remember location.
- In Z3TA+ 2, go to Options > Offline Activation > Import Activation Response.
- Select the Activation response.dat file and click Open. If done correctly, Z3TA+ 2 will be fully activated and you can start making sweet, sweet music with it!
*This encrypted file can only be used to activate Z3TA+ 2 on your specific device. It cannot be shared with other users.
Learn More About Z3TA+ 2
I have a soft spot for Z3TA+ 2 which I talk about in this post, Z3TA+ 2: The Abandoned Classic Software Synth. There, you can learn a bit about its history and find some modern alternatives that satisfy your synth needs.